Analgea SR is effective in complete resolution of pain in the majority of patients for 3-4 days with a single application.
- Chronic wounds are those that have failed to heal after 3 months of appropriate wound care. They are classified into 4 categories: pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, venous ulcers and arterial insufficiency ulcers.
- Approximately 6.5 million people in the United States experience chronic wounds causing considerable pain and affecting quality of life.
- Studies show that 69% of chronic wounds are significantly painful.
- Many of these patients are treated with opioids which have high potential for abuse & addiction.
- Cost associated with chronic wounds is estimated at $25 billion per year in the United States.
- Costs will continue to grow as the population ages and the number of chronic wounds increases.
- Treatment of opioid dependence cost the US an estimated $504 billion in 2015.
Analgea SR (MilanaPharm)
- Indicated for use in the management of pain in partial or full thickness wounds including: diabetic ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, pressure ulcers, surgical wounds, ischemic ulcers, traumatic wounds, first and second degree burns, superficial wounds, abrasions, and lacerations.
- Topical, non-systemic, non-narcotic analgesic containing 4% lidocaine.
- Patented, sustained-release drug delivery platform.
- Clinically shown to provide 4 days of complete pain relief in majority of patients with single application.
- Shown to be safe and effective.
- In clinical studies, Analgea SR was effective in complete resolution of pain in the majority of patients for 3- 4 days with a single application.